**No phone calls, live chat, or emails please.
Our hiring practice is completely online. As they say in Hollywood, don’t call us, we’ll call you. If you don’t hear from us, thanks for applying and good luck in your other future endeavors.
We are currently entertaining resumes for all of Canada and selected US states only.
We cannot empathize enough ... please don't reach out to us. Please. We're working through this as quickly as we can.
Adult Emotional Support Animal Counseling
ESAD is actively seeking Master's Level+ Independent Practice Level Licensed Mental Health Professionals to provide tele-medicine based adult emotional animal support assessments / counseling.
This position is not a full-time engagement. These services are under development and are part of our nationwide initial product launch, so you should expect a minimal amount of referrals at first.
Our client referrals will be located within your state/province borders.
NOTE: Unfortunately, if you are an intern or if you require supervision to provide counseling services, you cannot be a provider with us at this time. Also, we are unable to accept substance abuse counselors, occupational therapists, school counselors, registered nurses, career counselors, Christian counselors and business coaches (unless they have an additional license as a therapist).
- Determine nature of clients' functional impairments by reviewing client provided mental health assessment and thru video and telephonic assessments.
- Provide Emotional Animal Support Letters of Recommendation and therapeutic sessions (when purchased).
- Maintain accurate client documentation.
- Provides emotional support animal counseling and education for qualified individuals.
- Documents all client contact and activity in an accurate, professional and timely manner.
- You will use our HIPAA cloud platform for client communication.
The entire assessment process, from intake to outtake. takes, on average, 20-30 minutes. All business-related issues are handled by ESADoggy.
Regardless of the client's outcome (approved or not):
- Therapists are compensated $40 USD for each assessment
- All therapists are compensated $5 USD for hard costs (printing and mailing a letter)
There's a variety of additional services (including therapeutic session packages) available for sale, which we compensate for accordingly. Depending on the order, you can make upwards of $150 per purchase.
Coming in 2019, we'll be offering online classes certifying attendees for ESA and Fair Housing training.
Psychotherapist education and experience requirements
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Masters Degree in Mental Health counseling or social work from an accredited school.
- Minimum of three years experience in social work or counseling position.
- Current business professional liability insurance is required.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must be 18 years or older
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Commitment to ESADoggy's philosophy and mission.
- Ability to interact with the public and other employees in a positive manner and promote a cooperative working environment.
- Computer literacy required with proficiency in word processing and computer applications.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Must be able to hear and speak for telephone and general communication.
- Ability to handle sensitive information, maintains confidentiality, and coordinates several projects at the same time.
- Consistently able to work calmly and maintain effectiveness in situations of high stress.
- Embodies principles of ESADoggy's Code of Conduct at all times.
- Complies with Code of Conduct in all relationships with clients and staff members.
- Adheres to the Code of Conduct in all daily activities and decisions ensuring that ethical standards and applicable laws and regulation are met.
- Maintains the policy of confidentiality.
- Current license and insurance
- Compassionate and caring demeanor
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
We’re a global-minded, innovative startup looking to drive positive change and solve social problems with the use of technology.
- Committed to creating a world that works for everyone
- On a mission to improve the online mental health care business using cutting edge technology
- Operating with the strictest ethical and professional standards, ESADoggy's motivated to help individuals in need of mental health care therapy
- We set a very high standard for ourselves and demand the same from our contracted team members
- Consistently, we give back to our community
Ethics matter to us. A lot.
Professional Community Support
- Member, American Mental Health Counselors Association (54568015)
- Member, American Counseling Association (6513039)
- Member, National Association of Social Workers (886784059)
While everyone has our thanks for applying, due to the sheer volume and other related issues, we're unable to respond to every applicant.
ESAD complies with state and federal nondiscrimination laws and policies that prohibit discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, or sex. It is unlawful to retaliate against individuals or groups based on the basis of their participation in a complaint of discrimination or on the basis of their opposition to discriminatory practices/EEO. We are a drug-free workplace.