An ESADoggy Emotional Support Animal Consultation consists of the following steps.
1. Safely and securely complete our brief mental health screening.
3. Complete our HIPAA-compliant mental health intake evaluation (please set aside up to a half-hour to finish).
4. With your intake now complete, a licensed mental health professional from your local area/state will be assigned to you.
5. You will receive an email invitation from our Secure Messaging Service. To comply with HIPAA regulations, and in order to process your order, all electronic communications will be done via this service.
If you’ve not received the invitation, make sure to check your spam folder.
6. Usually within one to three business days, your therapist will contact you to schedule a convenient time for your first e-therapy (telephone or video call) appointment. There is no need for an in-person visit.
7. At the designated time, you’ll speak with your therapist, discussing your disability and disability-related need for an emotional support animal. If needed, a follow-up session may be scheduled.
Federal privacy guidelines require these discussions to remain strictly confidential. Your therapist will never share that information with anyone without your consent.
8. If your therapist determines you would benefit from an Emotional Support Animal, a letter of recommendation will be issued and delivered electronically (via our HIPAA service) and US Regular Mail.
Our letters are fully compatible with the latest Federal and air carrier guidelines.
9. A few days after you receive your letter(s), your therapist will reach out to confirm receipt and to address any possible concerns.
10. Depending on your situation, your therapist may suggest optional aftercare.
11. Your therapist will continue to maintain a relationship with you throughout the year, evaluating your progress made by the assistance animal in addressing your disability.
- In most cases, your emotional support animal documentation will be sent within 2-5 business days after placing your order.
- Our operating hours are from 10am-7pm (EST). Each therapist will set their own hours.
- We only allow dogs and cats to be prescribed as emotional support animals.
All electronic communications with our clients is done via our secure HIPAA compliant infrastructure.
In 1996, HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) was created as an effort to protect patients’ healthcare information from data theft and unwanted disclosure.
Despite its apparent complex regulations, the goal of HIPAA is quite simple: patients have the right to keep their health records private and decide who is authorized to view them.