As an online community of intelligent and experienced members, we host a variety of diverse opinions. We welcome this diversity, and ask that all of our participants adhere to these simple guidelines:
- Inappropriate content: While ESAD maintains a relatively open forum, this is a professional site devoted to professional services. So please, while a certain amount of passion, colorful language and even hyperbole is permissible, do not engage in name-calling, threats, general rudeness or putting down of others, harassment, lewdness, or displays of bigotry.
- Questions: Please ask questions directly related to your specific concerns. The best questions are brief and to the point. Do not post spam or irrelevant content.
- Answers: Answering questions is a great way to help people get oriented toward solving their ESA problems, and to display your acumen regarding possible legal issues. But remember: quality is better than quantity, and those asking questions aren’t looking for a sales pitch.
- Do not simply post the statement “I Agree” in the answers and comments without any other information. We have an “I Agree” button that can be used.
- Avoid writing “Hire an Attorney” as your sole answer to a question. We understand that this may be the right answer for that particular question, but readers benefit from elaboration: explain WHY you believe hiring an attorney is important in this case.
- Similarly, do not invite those asking questions to contact you directly, and do not add contact information or links to your website in answers or answer disclaimers. The content of your answers should always remain non-commercial in tone.
To the public: Safety first
When posting questions, reviews or comments, don’t give out personal information such as home or email addresses, telephone numbers, credit card numbers, social security numbers, passwords, etc. You may contact professionals directly from email links or phone numbers displayed on their profiles and then exchange personal contact information.
Think before you post and stay on topic. Answers that don’t specifically address their questions will be removed, so think twice about copying and pasting the same answer to multiple questions. Additionally, guides with a substantial amount of content that you did not author will be taken down.
We appreciate your compliance with these guidelines. While we are devoted to free speech, we reserve the right to remove any content that does not respect these guidelines or that detracts significantly from our users’ experience. Failure to comply with any of these guidelines may also result in the temporary or permanent loss of posting privileges.