Did you know over 61 million Americans suffer from a mental or emotional disability? If you're one of the afflicted, you may qualify for an Atlanta, GA Emotional Support Animal (ESA).
How To Get An Atlanta, GA Emotional Support Animal
Typically dogs and cats, through their companion an affection, an Atlanta, GA ESA helps to lessen the symptoms of an emotional disability. Governed by various Federal laws, an Atlanta, GA Emotional Support Animal requires no specialized training (e.g. service dogs, etc.).
How to qualify for an emotional support animal?
Qualifications for an Atlanta, GA Emotional Support Animal is straightforward. A licensed mental health professional will certify your disability and issue a letter of recommendation which you provide to your landlord or airline gate agent.
Connecting people to empower health.
All across North America, ESADoggy’s team of licensed local mental health counselors provide emotional support animal letters and pet bereavement therapy thru online and in-person sessions.
Our team has helped thousands of individuals and families achieve their goals. Let us help you.
Packages | Buy Together & Save Today
We've discounted our most popular ESA products, removing any anxiety about purchasing a "legitimate emotional support animal letter." Along with packages for US residents, we now offer bundled options for our Canadian clients.
Enjoy peace of mind and savings delivered right to your door.
Emotional Support Animal Letters.
Emotional Support Animal letters of recommendation (“ESA letters”) level the playing field, protecting individuals from “no-pets allowed” policies, and will widen options for air travel.
- Issued by a licensed mental health care therapist located in your city or state
- Contains every written element and requirement demanded under federal law
- Master-crafted by fair housing and air travel experts
- Our ESA travel letter have never been rejected by any airline
- Regularly updated and fully comply will all recent changes to federal law and guidelines
Get Qualified Today!
To qualify for an Emotional Support Animal with ESADoggy, you must:
- Shop ESADoggy Emotional Support Animal Letter Consultations.
- Complete our online mental health evaluation.
- After completing our evaluation, we will schedule a telephonic mental health assessment with a state-licensed mental health counselor, who will assess your needs and determine your qualification for an Emotional Support Animal.
Included with Your Purchase
By law, letters are good for one year.
All purchases include complimentary telephone and email support for non-medical and non-emotional related issues.
ESADoggy will support you through the year, answering questions about ESA travel and housing issues. About a month before your letter expires, we’ll reach out to you, re-certify your status, and issue a new letter(s). You will never be out of compliance.
Components of your Atlanta, GA ESA letter
Per Federal guidelines, your ESA letter of recommendation (written within the last year on the doctor's letterhead) will contain important data points informing the reader (landlord, airline, etc.) that you are:
- A current patient of the mental health provider who's writing the letter
- You're under their care and treatment of a mental or emotional disability that's outlined in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual Version IV or V
- Your emotional disability restricts you from daily participating or completing at least one significant activity
- The recommendation of an Emotional Support Animal is an important part of your mental health treatment
Here's a short list of various mental disorders that qualify for an ESA letter.
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
- Cognitive disorders
- Gender identity crisis
- Learning disorders
- Sexual disorder
Your most trusted source for emotional support animal letters.
We build relationships.
Let’s talk networks. Put your cell phone down, we’re not talking those kinds of networks. We’re talking about ESA licensed therapist networks. It's is a bit like that coverage map, only instead of better download speeds or less chance of dropped calls, coverage refers to which trusted therapists you can connect with to get the most out of your ESA letter.
Why is an Atlanta, GA ESA letter necessary?
Your doctor recommended an ESA letter will confirm your mental disability to others (landlords, airlines staff, etc.). This letter will:
- Recognize that you're under the care of a licensed mental health professional’s for an emotional or psychological disability
- Confirm your emotional disability limits your day-to-day activities, which in turn adversely impacts your mental health.
- The ESA recommendation is a mandatory reinforcement for your emotional impairment.
The letter especially comes in handy when:
Renting a home – The Federal Fair Housing Amendments Act (FHAct) provides emotionally disabled individuals with the right to live with their ESA even in no-pets-allowed housing. Property owners are legally required to accept your emotional support animal. We note letter holders are accountable to keep their ESA documentation up to date (expires annually).
During air travel - The Federal Air Carrier Access Act allowed ESA travelers to bring the animal into the main cabin. There are important compliance rules that must be followed, otherwise, the airline is not required to make reasonable accommodations.
Federal Law regarding Atlanta, GA Emotional Support Animals
Federal Law allows a licensed mental health provider to recommend qualified individuals an emotional support animal. Traditionally, this is an untrained dog or cat that helps treat its owner for symptoms such as anxiety, panic attacks, depression, insomnia, and PTSD.
The statutes recognize three broad categories of disabilities: (1) a physical or mental impairment that substantially limits one or more major life activities (such as walking, working, washing, learning, dressing, etc.); (2) a record of impairment; or (3) being regarded as having such an impairment.
HUD and Housing Providers for your Atlanta, GA Emotional Support Animal
HUD and housing providers take the following into consideration:
(1) Does the person seeking to use and live with the animal have a disability — i.e., a physical or mental impairment that substantially limits one or more major life activities?
(2) Does the person making the request have a disability-related need for an assistance animal? In other words, does the animal work, provide assistance, perform tasks or services for the benefit of a person with a disability, or provide emotional support that alleviates one or more of the identified symptoms or effects of a person’s existing disability?
Atlanta, GA Emotional Support Dog
From HUD's guidelines, "such documentation is sufficient if it establishes that an individual has a disability and that the animal in question will provide some type of disability-related assistance or emotional support."
Continuing, "a housing provider may not ask a tenant or applicant to provide documentation showing the disability or disability-related need for an assistance animal if the disability or disability-related need is readily apparent or already known to the provider."
What exactly is a reasonable accommodation?
FHA discrimination includes "a refusal to make reasonable accommodations in rules, policies, practices, or services, when such accommodations may be necessary to afford [a person with a disability] an equal opportunity to use and enjoy a dwelling."
So, if your requested accommodation doesn't unduly burden (financially or administratively) your landlord, nor can it fundamentally alter the housing complex, the owner must provide housing.
HUD and several courts have explicitly stated that an exception to a "no pets" policy would qualify as a reasonable accommodation.
A landlord can ask for supporting documentation defining the need for an emotional support animal, but a tenant is not required to provide proof of training or certification of the animal.
Looking for an ESA letter this week?
2. Complete an online mental health exam (30-45 minutes).
3. With a licensed therapist from your city/region/state, you'll discuss your disability and disability-related need for an emotional support animal.
For those who qualify, a letter of recommendation will be securely delivered electronically and via postal mail.
How long does it take?
Orders are typically fulfilled within four to five business days. Expedited service is available (additional fees will apply).