PLEASE READ CAREFULLY.
To join our team, you must be a psychologist or PhD credentialed provider.
About this role.
- You are not being hired on, you're joining our team as an independent contractor.
- We offer expert advice and non-therapeutic/medical/legal training about ESA laws and guidelines.
- Please don't "mystery shop us." Honesty matters to us, in all we do, and it should from you.
As a best practice, it is recommended that individuals seeking reasonable accommodations for support animals ask health care professionals to provide information related to the following:
- Whether the patient has a physical or mental impairment.
- Whether the patient’s impairment(s) substantially limit at least one major life activity or major bodily function.
- Whether the patient needs the animal(s) (because it does work, provides assistance, or performs at least one task that benefits the patient because of his or her disability, or because it provides therapeutic emotional support to alleviate a symptom or effect of the disability of the patient/client, and not merely as a pet).
- You must be able to manage work-day cases with us. Our products are marketed this way, so if you can't get to our cases until after hours or just on the weekends, then this endeavor is not for you.
- Letters issued by our providers must include their contact information (business address, phone, email), which may present issues for individuals working from home.
- You have spectacular ethics and a rock-solid value system.
- If you are not a psychologist or a PhD credentialed provider, if you're ABD, or if you are a master's level educated professional, you do not meet the requirements for this position.
- You have spectacular ethics.
- You must be able to manage work-day cases with us. If you can't get to our cases until after hours or just on the weekends, then this endeavor is not for you.
- Letters issued by our providers must include their contact information (business address, phone, email).
The decision to build out a doctoral-level team is solely product-driven
On the mental health care side, only PhD psychologists are now recognized by HUD's recent changes to the Fair Housing Act; all master's level professionals are out of luck, and we have over 1,100 on our team. So, while our current recruiting strategy bypasses those master's level pros, it's not because we don't think they can't do the job -- oh no, they've powered us to great heights.
So, with that in mind, we decided to limit medical care professionals to the doctorate level, likely skipping over very competently qualified master's level providers.
ESAD Intl. complies with state and federal nondiscrimination laws and policies that prohibit discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, or sex. It is unlawful to retaliate against individuals or groups based on the basis of their participation in a complaint of discrimination or on the basis of their opposition to discriminatory practices/EEO. We are a drug-free workplace.
ESADoggy.com is not a licensed health care provider and does not provide medical or health advice.
We recommend that you always consult with a licensed provider in your area.