Reasonable Accommodation Form (Landlord Form)

Updated October 20, 2020.

Reasonable Accommodation Request Forms.

From HUD's updated guidance (January, 2020), "housing providers may not require a health care professional to use a specific form, to provide notarized statements, to make statements under penalty of perjury, or to provide an individual’s diagnosis or other detailed information about a person’s physical or mental impairments. Housing providers and the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development rely on professionals to provide accurate information to the best of their personal knowledge, consistent with their professional obligations."


  1. We do not provide a "standard landlord form template." That document would be specific to the housing provider.
  2. Without an active treating relationship and the client being currently under care, our clinical team members will not "sign a form," as that would violate their professional obligations.
  3. We cannot be retained to just complete your landlord documentation. The clinician who issued your emotional support animal documentation should have "personal knowledge" of your disability and be in the best "position to know."

Simply put, if your therapist handed you a letter and sent you on your way, uncertain, confused, and uninformed, they are very likely not complying with their professional obligations. A therapist must be operating within the sphere of expertise, which includes a complete understanding of the rules and regulations supporting assistance animals.

Unfortunately, all too often, clinicians will download an ESA letter and voila, they're in the business! Sadly, this will likely result in rejection of their ESA documentation.