PLEASE, NO CALLS OR LIVE WEBCHAT.
A minimum of five years of experience is required.
Unfortunately, if you are an intern or if you require supervision to provide counseling services, you cannot be a provider with us at this time. Also, we are unable to accept occupational therapists, substance abuse counselors, school counselors, registered nurses, career counselors, Christian counselors and business coaches (unless they have an additional license as a therapist).
Due to the amazing response, please allow up to two weeks for our response. Also, please read the job requirements in its entirety.
Adult Pet Loss Counseling
ESAD is actively seeking Master's Level+ Independent Practice Level Licensed Mental Health Professionals to provide tele-medicine based pet bereavement counseling for adults.
This position is not a full-time engagement. These services are under development and are part of our nationwide initial product launch, so you should expect a minimal amount of referrals at first.
We are seeking talented and experienced grief and trauma counselors, preferably those with specialized pet loss grief training. Our client referrals will be located within your state borders.
- Assesses grief responses, risks and needs of bereaved individuals. Develops, implements, evaluates and updates individualized care plans for bereaved clients based on assessments and client needs.
- Provides grief counseling and education regarding grief symptomology and grief process for bereaved individuals.
- Documents all client contact and activity in an accurate, professional and timely manner.
Salary (Part-time, flex hours, PRN)
We’re in startup mode, expanding our marketing efforts from a statewide basis to city/county-wide focus. So likely, in the beginning, referrals will start slow and increase as we build awareness.
Psychotherapist education and experience requirements
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Masters Degree in Mental Health counseling or social work from an accredited school.
- Minimum of three years experience in social work or counseling position with an emphasis on bereavement preferred.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must be 18 years or older
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Commitment to ESAD's philosophy and mission.
- Ability to interact with the public and other employees in a positive manner and promote a cooperative working environment.
- Computer literacy required with proficiency in word processing and computer applications.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Must be able to hear and speak for telephone and general communication.
- Ability to handle sensitive information, maintains confidentiality, and coordinates several projects at the same time.
- Consistently able to work calmly and maintain effectiveness in situations of high stress.
- Embodies principles of ESAD's Code of Conduct at all times.
- Complies with Code of Conduct in all relationships with clients and staff members.
- Adheres to the Code of Conduct in all daily activities and decisions ensuring that ethical standards and applicable laws and regulation are met.
- Maintains the policy of confidentiality.
- Current license and insurance
- Compassionate and caring demeanor
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Certification (preferred, though not required)
- American Academy of Grief Counseling (Grief Recovery Practitioner level)
- ADEC, The Thanatology Association
We’re a global-minded, innovative startup looking to drive positive change and solve social problems with the use of technology.
- Committed to creating a world that works for everyone
- On a mission to improve the online mental health care business using cutting edge technology
- Operating with the strictest ethical and professional standards, ESAD's motivated to help individuals in need of mental health care therapy
- We set a very high standard for ourselves and demand the same from our contracted team members
- Consistently, we give back to our community
Ethics matter to us. A lot.
Professional Community Support
- Member, American Mental Health Counselors Association (54568015)
- Member, American Counseling Association (6513039)
- Member, National Association of Social Workers (886784059)
To Get Started
ESAD complies with state and federal nondiscrimination laws and policies that prohibit discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, or sex. It is unlawful to retaliate against individuals or groups based on the basis of their participation in a complaint of discrimination or on the basis of their opposition to discriminatory practices/EEO. We are a drug-free workplace.