Emotional Support Animal letters of recommendation (“ESA letters”) level the playing field, protecting individuals from “no-pets allowed” policies that can otherwise restrict your housing options, and will widen your options for air travel.
With the proper Emotional Support Animal letter, you will avoid those fees, possibly avoid eviction, gain peace of mind, and know your rights are protected under the law.
ESA housing letter
The Emotional Support Animal housing letter entitles you to qualify for no-pet housing (in apartments with more than 4 units and houses where the landlord owns multiple properties). This means that even if an apartment is listed as not allowing pets, you are legally protected to have one.
Also, you won’t have to pay a pet deposit and can’t be charged a pet fee.
An Emotional Support Animal housing letter of recommendation provides you with:
- Professional recognition that you’re under the care of a licensed mental health professional’s care for a mental disability.
- Acknowledgment that your life is limited by a disability such as anxiety or a similar condition.
- A recommendation for an emotional support dog is a necessary mental health reinforcement.
Emotional Support Animal Letters.
Same business day and fully guaranteed.*
At ESAD, we do it the right way. We have rock solid ethics, full HIPAA compliance, guaranteed protection for your financial transaction, and a network of licensed local mental health counselors. Our team has helped thousands of individuals and families achieve their goals.
Let us help you.
ESA Travel Letter
With the travel letter, you will also be able to fly with your pet in the cabin with no additional fee.
Per Federal guidelines, your ESA Travel Letter (written within the last year on the doctor’s letterhead) will contain important data points informing the reader (landlord, airline, etc.) that you are:
- A current patient of the mental health provider who’s writing the letter
- You’re under their care and treatment of a mental or emotional disability that’s outlined in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual Version IV or V
- Your emotional disability restricts you from daily participating or completing at least one significant activity
- The recommendation of an Emotional Support Animal is an important part of your mental health treatment
Going without an ESA letter
Without a letter of recommendation, you might encounter the following fees with pet-friendly housing or air travel:
- Pet deposit ($1,000 or more)
- $100 or more per month in pet fees to your landlord
- $200 in pet charges for a round-trip flight
Looking for an ESA letter this week?
2. Complete an online mental health exam (30-45 minutes).
3. With a licensed therapist from your city/region/state, you'll discuss your disability and disability-related need for an emotional support animal.
For those who qualify, a letter of recommendation will be securely delivered electronically and via postal mail.
How long does it take?
Orders are typically fulfilled within four to five business days. Expedited service is available (additional fees will apply).