Did you know over 61 million Americans suffer from a mental or emotional disability? If you’re one of the afflicted, you may qualify for a New York Emotional Support Animal (ESA).
How To Get A New York Emotional Support Animal
Typically dogs and cats, through their companion an affection, a New York ESA helps to lessen the symptoms of an emotional disability.
Governed by various Federal laws, an Emotional Support Animal requires no specialized training (e.g. service dogs, etc.).
How to qualify for an emotional support animal?
Qualifications for an ESA is straightforward. A licensed mental health professional will certify your disability and issue a letter of recommendation which you provide to your landlord or airline gate agent.
Connecting people to empower health.
All across North America, ESADoggy’s team of licensed local mental health counselors provide emotional support animal letters and pet bereavement therapy thru online and in-person sessions.
Our team has helped thousands of individuals and families achieve their goals. Let us help you.
All-inclusive packages can save you up to 25%.
We've bundled together our most popular products, thrown in some deep discounts, and removed any uncertainty wondering if you "bought the right package."
The ESADoggy college package contains everything you’ll need for heading off to college in the fall! If you're moving into a new place, then check out our landlord package. And finally, for those traveling this year, our travel package might just be the ticket.
Enjoy peace of mind and savings delivered right to your door.
Emotional Support Animal Letters.
Emotional Support Animal letters of recommendation (“ESA letters”) level the playing field, protecting individuals from “no-pets allowed” policies, and will widen options for air travel.
- Issued by a licensed mental health care therapist located in your city or state
- Contains every written element and requirement demanded under federal law
- Master-crafted by fair housing and air travel experts
- Our ESA travel letter have never been rejected by any airline
- Regularly updated and fully comply will all recent changes to federal law and guidelines
Components of your New York ESA letter
Per Federal guidelines, your ESA letter of recommendation (written within the last year on the doctor’s letterhead) will contain important data points informing the reader (landlord, airline, etc.) that you are:
- A current patient of the mental health provider who’s writing the letter
- You’re under their care and treatment of a mental or emotional disability that’s outlined in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual Version IV or V
- Your emotional disability restricts you from daily participating or completing at least one significant activity
- The recommendation of an Emotional Support Animal is an important part of your mental health treatment
Here’s a short list of various mental disorders that qualify for an ESA letter.
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
- Cognitive disorders
- Gender identity crisis
- Learning disorders
- Sexual disorder
Why is an ESA letter necessary?
Your doctor recommended an ESA letter will confirm your mental disability to others (landlords, airlines staff, etc.). This letter will:
- Recognize that you’re under the care of a licensed mental health professional’s for an emotional or psychological disability
- Confirm your emotional disability limits your day-to-day activities, which in turn adversely impacts your mental health.
- The ESA recommendation is a mandatory reinforcement for your emotional impairment.
The letter especially comes in handy when:
Renting a home – The Federal Fair Housing Amendments Act (FHAct) provides emotionally disabled individuals with the right to live with their ESA even in no-pets-allowed housing. Property owners are legally required to accept your emotional support animal. We note letter holders are accountable to keep their ESA documentation up to date (expires annually).
During air travel – The Federal Air Carrier Access Act allowed ESA travelers to bring the animal into the main cabin. There are important compliance rules that must be followed, otherwise, the airline is not required to make reasonable accommodations.
Certain, though limited, public places (hotels, restaurants, and shopping malls) will allow emotional support animals.
Looking for an ESA letter this week?
2. Complete an online mental health exam (30-45 minutes).
3. With a licensed therapist from your city/region/state, you'll discuss your disability and disability-related need for an emotional support animal.
For those who qualify, a letter of recommendation will be securely delivered electronically and via postal mail.
How long does it take?
Orders are typically fulfilled within four to five business days. Expedited service is available (additional fees will apply).