For those that qualify, a New York Emotional Support Dog Letter enables the animal’s owner to keep their furry companion around to help manage anxiety, stress, and emotional disability.
Qualifying for a New York Emotional Support Dog Letter is Simple, Quick, and Discreet
Now, if you’re wondering why don’t you just get your ESA letter, here are a few things to consider:
- You need to locate a qualified mental health professional who will recommend a New York Emotional Support Dog Letter.
- Not all letters are the same, especially for housing. Is your doctor up to date on FHAct requirements?
- You’ll likely need to visit your therapist in person. If they’re in another town, that could eat up the entire day.
- Are you ready to answer intimate questions in front of a complete stranger?
And then, there’s the office visit to your therapist:
- Consultations can run upwards of $350 for a single session
- You may need to have return visits, with no guarantee an ESA letter will eventually be approved
- Paperwork can sometimes take a week to complete, putting your legal rights in limbo.
Here at ESAD, you’ll not have to deal with any of the above, because we handle the entire process.
Finding New York Support in Non-Pet Policies
Our ESA assessment will level the playing field, protecting you from “no-pets” allowed policies that can otherwise restrict your traveling and housing options.
Even if you locate pet-friendly housing or take your pet in the airline cabin, you’re likely to:
- Run into a pet deposit ($1,000 or more)
- Pay $100 or more per month in pet fees to your landlord
- Dish out an additional $200 to the airlines
However, with the proper New Mexico Emotional Support Dog Letter from ESAD, you can say goodbye to those fees! Our documentation will also protect you and your pet from eviction. And, you’ll gain a solid peace of mind knowing you’ll have your pet there, along with knowing your rights are protected under the law.
Looking to take your dog out to dinner here in New York?
Don’t leave Fido in the hotel room when it’s time for dinner. A few of our favorite sidewalk cafes, coffee shops, bars, and other eateries in New York, NY that welcome Fido to join at an outdoor table are listed below.
- d.b.a., New York, NY
- Barking Dog Luncheonette, New York, NY
- Cornelia Street Cafe, New York, NY
How do I know that this is legal?
There are two main federal laws that apply to ESAs: the Air Carrier Access Act, and the Fair Housing Act. Our New York Emotional Support Dog Letters recommended an by our company are legally compliant and recommended an by mental health professionals.
What kind of Licensed Mental Health Professional will sign my letter?
All of our Licensed Mental Health Professionals are fully qualified and legally allowed to approve ESA letters.
Top Dog Friendly Activities in New York
Here’s a few ideas for the adventurous:
Sirius Dog Run, New York, NY
The Sirius Dog Run in Battery Park City’s Gateway Plaza area is a great dog run with new paving. It is a beautiful part of the city, and many fr… More
Inwood Hill Park Trail, New York, NY
Inwood Hill Park Trail is an easy, 2 mile hike that will take about 1 hour to complete with Fido. Moderate slopes offer you and your pup some ex… More
Marisa Perry Atelier, New York, NY
Leashed dogs are welcome to join their humans in this fine jewelry store in the West Village at the entrance to the Meat Packing District. Pups … More
ESA Letter Basic
How many animals are covered by the ESA letter?
As a general rule, our letters only cover one pet. However, speak to your therapist if you need more than one ESA to improve your mental health.
What does the letter look like?
Your ESA letter is recommended an by a Licensed Mental Health Professional. The letter will come on the professional letterhead of the licensed mental health professional and have everything legally needed for an ESA recommendation within the body of the letter, including their license number and contact information.