We are currently not accepting resumes for the following states:
- New York
PLEASE, NO CALLS OR LIVE WEBCHAT.
A minimum of three years of experience is required.
Unfortunately, if you are an intern or if you require supervision to provide counseling services, you cannot be a provider with us at this time. Also, we are unable to accept occupational therapists, substance abuse counselors, school counselors, registered nurses, career counselors, Christian counselors and business coaches (unless they have an additional license as a therapist).
ESADoggy is actively seeking Master's Level+ Licensed Mental Health Professionals to provide telemedicine-based emotional support animal assessments and sessions for clients in your local region. This is an excellent opportunity, with great upside potential, for individuals looking to augment their income and expand their client base. We are a start-up endeavor, and this is not a full-time position.
We're hiring on a local/regional area in the US, Canada, and England (soon to be the UK).
Your licensure must match your business address. Having multiple states licenses is irrelevant.
If you live/work in NY, but have a FL license, we appreciate your situation, but we won't be making use of your FL license. We understand there's nothing improper/etc. with having two+ licenses. However, in the post-peacock-airline era, writing letters for Florida clients while practicing in Yonkers raises too many red flags for us.
- Determine nature of clients' functional impairments by reviewing client-provided biopsychosocial and thru telemedicine consultations.
- When qualified, provide emotional support animal letters of recommendations (we will supply you with proper documentation)
- Currently optional, though likely to become mandatory, clients can purchase additional therapeutic sessions. Our near-term business model is firmly leaning in this direction.
Salary (Part-time, flex hours, PRN)
Up to $65/hr
We’re in startup mode, expanding our marketing efforts from a statewide basis to city/county-wide focus. So likely, in the beginning, referrals will start slow and increase as we build awareness.
Psychotherapist education and experience requirements
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Masters Degree in Mental Health counseling or social work from an accredited school.
- Minimum of two years experience in social work or counseling position with an emphasis on bereavement preferred.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must be 18 years or older
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Commitment to ESADoggy's philosophy and mission.
- Ability to interact with the public and other employees in a positive manner and promote a cooperative working environment.
- Computer literacy required with proficiency in word processing and computer applications.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Must be able to hear and speak for telephone and general communication.
- Ability to handle sensitive information, maintains confidentiality, and coordinates several projects at the same time.
- Consistently able to work calmly and maintain effectiveness in situations of high stress.
- Embodies principles of ESADoggy's Code of Conduct at all times.
- Complies with Code of Conduct in all relationships with clients and staff members.
- Adheres to the Code of Conduct in all daily activities and decisions ensuring that ethical standards and applicable laws and regulation are met.
- Maintains the policy of confidentiality.
- Current license and insurance
- Compassionate and caring demeanor
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Ethics matter to us. A lot.
We are a team driven organization, and together we will win by showing mutual respect to everyone, regardless of their background or tenure. We value transparency, loyalty, and accountability. And most importantly, we understand the love of one's pet.
We are wired to help those in need. Our purpose is to help more people live a happier and better life.
Professional Community Support
- Member, American Mental Health Counselors Association (54568015)
- Member, American Counseling Association (6513039)
- Member, National Association of Social Workers (886784059)