Have a Question?

Does my ESA need a vest?

You are here:
< All Topics

A person who is assisted by an Emotional Support Animal must have a correctly formatted letter from a licensed mental health professional. That’s all. The ESA letter must state that the animal’s handler has an emotional or psychological disability identified in the DSM V and that the animal helps mitigate specific symptoms of the handler’s disability. The letter is all that is required.

To reiterate, however, an ESA vest made of a brightly-colored fabric, such as red or orange will help identify your pet as an Emotional Support Animal.

It is NOT required.

Previous Does my Emotional Support Animal need to be spayed or neutered?
Next Does my pet get entered into a government registry?
Table of Contents