We thank you for using our Landlord Mitigation Tool [Consumer]. Soon, you’ll receive an email containing an instructional guidebook, containing an example landlord letter applicable to situations like yours.
When you receive this document:
- Read the landlord letter very carefully to make sure all of the information is correct.
- Copy the landlord letter from the guidebook into a new document.
- Any incorrect information should be changed.
- You can edit this document in Microsoft Word if necessary.
When mailing landlord letters.
- Date and sign the landlord letter at the bottom of the letter on the lines provided.
- Print one extra copy of your landlord letter for your records.
- Mail the original signed landlord letter to your landlord. It is recommended that you send the letter by certified mail so you will have proof that it was mailed to the landlord. When the receipt card is returned to you, staple it to your copy of the letter.
- If your landlord denies your request or if you do not hear from your landlord within the allotted time, contact an attorney or a legal aid office in your area as soon as possible.
Website content is educational and informational in nature and is provided only as general information and is not legal advice, opinion, or guarantee. We are not a medical clinic, law firm, or a substitute for an attorney. Information entered on this website is not confidential. This website has paid attorney advertising. Anyone choosing a lawyer must do their own independent research.
Our screening tests are intended for educational purposes only and should not be understood to constitute a legal recommendation nor attorney/client relationship.