KRS 383.085 7/14/18: Misrepresentation of an assistance animal is a violation with a fine of up to one thousand dollars ($1,000.00); which includes.
- Misrepresents as a part of a request for a reasonable accommodation to maintain an assistance animal in a dwelling that the person has a disability or disability-related need for the use of an assistance animal;
- Makes materially false statements for the purpose of obtaining documentation for the use of an assistance animal in housing;
- Creates or executes a document that misrepresents an animal as an assistance animal for use in housing;
- Provides a document to another falsely stating that an animal is an assistance animal for use in housing; or
- Fits an animal, which is not an assistance animal, with a harness, collar, vest, or sign that the pet is an assistance animal for use in housing.
Additionally, Kentucky therapists must certify:
- The owner of this animal has a physical or mental impairment that substantially limits one or more major life activity(ies) and that I have a therapeutic relationship with the Owner of the animal.
- The accommodation requested is necessary, based upon the owner’s disability, for this individual to use or enjoy the rental unit, at the address listed above.
- Will testify in a court of law that the above statements are true.
Click here to learn more.