A few years ago, because of my life-long battle with depression, I qualified for an Emotional Support Animal letter. And thanks to that, my dog has been able to provide me with lots of companionship, comfort, and love.
His support to me has been invaluable.
Since then, I’ve been reading, learning, and educating myself about the rights and benefits of ESA ownership. With that in mind, I thought I’d share a few important things I’ve learned along the way.
What is an ESA letter?
Under Federal law, licensed therapists or MDs can assess your need for an Emotional Support Animal, and if needed, they can write you a recommendation letter. This specifically-crafted documentation certifies your pet as a legitimate Los Angeles, CA Emotional Support Animal.
Pet Friendly Hotels in California
Need help deciding where to stay in California?
- The Fess Parker A DoubleTree by Hilton Resort, Santa Barbara, C
- Riverside Campground & Cabins, Big Sur, CA
- Carmel Valley Ranch, Carmel, CA
- Dog-Friendly Treehouse in Carmel, Carmel, CA
What rights will my Los Angeles, CA ESA have?
Under law, your ESA enjoys the following rights:
1. Air Carrier Access Act – Allows you to travel in the cabin of the airplane with your ESA. The airline is not allowed to charge extra fees and cannot place restrictions on weight or breed requirements.
There are a few limitations. You cannot sit in an exit row and must always be in control of your ESA.
2. Fair Housing Acts – These Federal Laws protect owners against discrimination. As it applies to your ESA, a property own cannot charge any extra fees or deposits, you have access to no-pets-allowed housing, and there are no pet breed or weight limitations.
Emotional Support Animal Letters.
Same business day and fully guaranteed.*
What if I want to avoid paying extra fees, but don’t suffer from an emotional disability?
Only those with a legitimate need qualify. If you’re looking to game the system, please move on.
Those that do qualify will suffer from some of the following:
- Seasonal Affective Disorder
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder
Additionally, if you’re thinking of self-harm, this is not the proper avenue for you. I strongly suggest you seek immediate assistance, either by calling 911 or seeking support from a local therapist.
ESA Letter Los Angeles, CA
I have additional forms that need completing, can you help me?
If you’re qualified for an Emotional Support Animal, ESAD will gladly complete those forms free of charge. Once you receive the document, you can submit the electronic paperwork to your airline or landlord.
With very few exceptions, your landlord cannot legal Ôreject’ your ESA letter. Some examples include your animal biting someone; and if that’s the case, we cannot help.
How do qualify for an ESA Letter?
The protocol is relatively simple. You will start by completing the online mental health assessment, and then submit your order (travel, housing, or both). Within a few hours, a therapist will be in touch with you directly via email or phone to complete the assessment.
Looking for an ESA letter this week?