My name is Anastasia, and I have a New York, NY Emotional Support Animal. His name is Odie. He and I are best friends, and I’ve taken him with me everywhere! New York, NY.
A few years ago, because of my life-long battle with depression, I qualified for a New York, NY Emotional Support Animal letter. And thanks to that, Odie has been able to provide me with lots of companionship, comfort, and love.
His support to me has been invaluable.
Since then, I’ve been reading, learning, and educating myself about the rights and benefits of ESA ownership. With that in mind, I thought I’d share a few important things I’ve learned along the way.
What is an ESA letter?
Under Federal law, licensed therapists or MDs can assess your need for an Emotional Support Animal, and if needed, they can write you a recommendation letter. This specifically-crafted documentation certifies your pet as a legitimate New York, NY Emotional Support Animal.
Pet Friendly Hotels in New York
Need to find a pet friendly hotel in New York? No problem.
- High Peaks Resort, Lake Placid, NY
- Hotel Pennsylvania, New York, NY
- Sheraton At The Falls, Niagara Falls, NY
- Element New York Times Square West, New York, NY
What rights will my New York, NY ESA have?
Under Federal Law, your ESA enjoys the following rights:
1. Air Carrier Access Act – Allows you to travel in the cabin of the airplane with your ESA. The airline is not allowed to charge extra fees and cannot place restrictions on weight or breed requirements.
There are a few limitations. You cannot sit in an exit row and must always be in control of your ESA.
2. Fair Housing Acts – These Federal Laws protect owners against discrimination. As it applies to your ESA, a property own cannot charge any extra fees or deposits, you have access to no-pets-allowed housing, and there are no pet breed or weight limitations.
Connecting people to empower health.
All across North America, ESADoggy’s team of licensed local mental health counselors provide emotional support animal letters and pet bereavement therapy thru online and in-person sessions.
Our team has helped thousands of individuals and families achieve their goals. Let us help you.
All-inclusive packages can save you up to 25%.
We've bundled together our most popular products, thrown in some deep discounts, and removed any uncertainty wondering if you "bought the right package."
The ESADoggy college package contains everything you’ll need for heading off to college in the fall! If you're moving into a new place, then check out our landlord package. And finally, for those traveling this year, our travel package might just be the ticket.
Enjoy peace of mind and savings delivered right to your door.
Emotional Support Animal Letters.
Emotional Support Animal letters of recommendation (“ESA letters”) level the playing field, protecting individuals from “no-pets allowed” policies, and will widen options for air travel.
- Issued by a licensed mental health care therapist located in your city or state
- Contains every written element and requirement demanded under federal law
- Master-crafted by fair housing and air travel experts
- Our ESA travel letter have never been rejected by any airline
- Regularly updated and fully comply will all recent changes to federal law and guidelines
What if I want to avoid paying extra fees, but don’t suffer from an emotional disability?
Only those with a legitimate need qualify. If you’re looking to game the system, please move on.
Those that do qualify will suffer from some of the following:
- Seasonal Affective Disorder
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder
Additionally, if you’re thinking of self-harm, this is not the proper avenue for you. I strongly suggest you seek immediate assistance, either by calling 911 or seeking support from a local therapist.
ESA Letter New York, NY
I have additional forms that need completing, can you help me?
If you’re qualified for an Emotional Support Animal, ESADoggy will gladly complete those forms free of charge. Once you receive the document, you can submit the electronic paperwork to your airline or landlord.
With very few exceptions, your landlord cannot legal Ôreject’ your ESA letter. Some examples include your animal biting someone; and if that’s the case, we cannot help.
How do qualify for an ESA Letter?
The protocol is relatively simple. You will start by completing the online mental health assessment, and then submit your order (travel, housing, or both). Within a few hours, a therapist will be in touch with you directly via email or phone to complete the assessment.
About New York, New York
TheÊCity of New York, often calledÊNew York CityÊor simplyÊNew York, is theÊmost populous cityÊin theÊUnited States. With an estimated 2016 population of 8,537,673 distributed over a land area of about 302.6 square miles (784Êkm2), New York City is also theÊmost densely populatedÊmajor city in the United States.
Looking for an ESA letter this week?
2. Complete an online mental health exam (30-45 minutes).
3. With a licensed therapist from your city/region/state, you'll discuss your disability and disability-related need for an emotional support animal.
For those who qualify, a letter of recommendation will be securely delivered electronically and via postal mail.
How long does it take?
Orders are typically fulfilled within four to five business days. Expedited service is available (additional fees will apply).