ESA Hotel LetterSKU: ES-0091
ESA Hotel Letter
As a general rule, the Fair Housing Act does apply not apply to temporary shelters. All pets, including emotional support animals, have no legal right to be allowed into hotels. Simply put, a hotel can legally deny your emotional support animal from entering their establishment, as hotels are not obligated to accept emotional support animals.
All hope is not lost, as many major hotel chains are updating their pet policies to accommodate guests traveling with an Assistance Animal. Quite often, these updated policies highly recommend documenting a guest’s need for that animal.
Our ESA Hotel Travel Letter has proven largely successful in helping clients seeking accommodations with an Assistance Animal.
Pet Friendly Hotels
- Best Western
- Candlewood Suites
- Clarion Inns & Suites
- Comfort Inn
- Comfort Suites
- Courtyard Marriott
- Econo Lodge
- Fairmont Hotels and Resorts
- Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts
- Holiday Inn
- Kimpton Hotels
- La Quinta
- Motel 6
- Red Roof Inn
- Quality Inn
- It’s important to call the specific hotel you’ll be staying at ensure they truly are pet friendly.
- We offer no guarantees that a specific hotel will accept your Assistance Animal.
- This product may be purchased (for a discounted fee) along with a housing or travel assessment.
For more information, see below.
Actual letters are issued by a licensed clinician with their information. No ESAD information is contained in the letter. For cats and dogs older than four months. Domestic, Canadian, and international air travel. Can also be used for Canadian rail travel.