Assessment & Session (Housing & Travel – Includes Two Letters, Signed Airline Form, & 30-Minute Psychotherapy Session – US)SKU: ES-0047
This service includes a comprehensive mental health intake with a local, licensed mental health care professional, and an ESA housing and travel letters (and airline forms) for those that qualify.
ESA Housing Letter
If you have an emotional or mental disability and your pet helps mitigate the symptoms, then you may be entitled to:
- bring your animal into any kind of housing, even those with “no pets” policies
- will not be required to pay any extra fees for your ESA
- nor have a weight or breed restriction imposed
This service is provided by a ESAD-certified licensed mental health care professional offering animal-assisted therapy to those genuinely in need.
This service includes (via phone or video call) a comprehensive mental health assessment with a local, licensed mental health care professional. For those who qualify, the proper ESA documentation that conforms with all Federal law will be issued.
How this works
ESA Travel Letter
In addition, US airlines now require mental health care providers to certify the passenger is currently undergoing professional care for ongoing treatment regarding a mental health-related disability.
This requirement is much more than just “signing a form,” as you must be currently under the care of a licensed mental health care provider. US airlines have mandated this requirement. The assessment and session will typically last 40-50 minutes, and can be one in one appointment.
Most airlines are follow American Airlines‘ ESA documentation validation which includes “contacting your mental health professional.” Given our total compliance with federal HIPAA data privacy guidelines, unless a passenger/client purchases the additional airline verification service (which puts into place a signed HIPAA-waiver, allowing the sharing of protected health information), our clinicians cannot legally answer any airline queries.
- Attention Florida residents, as of July 2019, the state of Florida will be revising ESA laws.
- Many landlords now require a “therapeutic relationship” between client and clinician. This service, when purchased alone, does not constitute such a relationship. Sessions can be added after purchase.
- Only one emotional support animal is included. If you require a second assistance animal, an additional fee will apply.
- If you are qualifying a banned breed, you must select the option below, as an expanded assessment is required.
- Only two signed airline forms per order. Additional forms are available (certain fees will apply).