Travel AssessmentSKU: ES-0034
ESA Travel Letter
Letters With Integrity
Thanks to the emotional support peacock, squirrel, and snake, traveling by air with your emotional support animal has become more time-consuming and more expensive.
Most airlines now require mental health care providers to certify the passenger is currently undergoing professional care for ongoing treatment regarding a mental health-related disability.
This practice seeks to curtail web vendors churning out bogus letters, while our own protocol is based upon industry standards, patient care concerns, and unyielding ethics.
This service includes:
- comprehensive mental health intake with a local, licensed mental health care professional
- 30-minute airline-mandated talk therapy session
- emotional support animal travel letter
- signed airline forms (two)
For more information, see below.
Actual letters are issued by a licensed clinician with their information. No ESAD information is contained in the letter. For cats and dogs older than four months. Domestic, Canadian, and international air travel. Can also be used for Canadian rail travel.
Most airlines follow American Airlines‘ ESA documentation validation which includes “contacting your mental health professional.” Given our total compliance with data privacy guidelines, unless a passenger/client purchases the additional airline verification service, our clinicians cannot legally answer any airline queries.
- Read: 2019 updated US/Canada airline travel requirements.
- The assessment and session will typically last 40-50 minutes, and can be one in one appointment.
- Only two signed airline forms per order. Additional forms are available (certain fees will apply).
- US and Canadian travelers are allowed only one assistance animal. Certain foreign carriers will allow a second animal. Inquire within, additional fees will apply.