Assessment & Session (Travel – Includes Letter & 30-Minute Psychotherapy Session – Canada)SKU: ES-0037
This service includes a comprehensive mental health intake with a local, licensed mental health care professional, and an ESA travel letters (and airline forms) for those that qualify.
ESA Travel Letter
Thanks to the emotional support peacock, squirrel, and snake, traveling by air with your emotional support animal has become more time-consuming and more expensive. US and Canadian airlines now require mental health care providers to certify the passenger is currently undergoing professional care for ongoing treatment regarding a mental health-related disability.
Most airlines are follow American Airlines‘ ESA documentation validation which includes “contacting your mental health professional.” Given our total compliance with federal HIPAA data privacy guidelines, unless a passenger/client purchases the additional airline verification service, our clinicians cannot legally answer any airline queries.
Doing business the ESAD way
Since 2015, thanks to our rigid protocols and adherence to the strictest ethics in the business, we’ve never had a single travel letter rejected.
- Read: 2019 updated US/Canada airline travel requirements.
- The assessment and session will typically last 40-50 minutes, and can be one in one appointment.
- Without an ESA letter, airlines typically charge $150 each way for your pet.
- Additionally, airlines are regularly updating the travel requirements, so please check with your airline.
- Only two signed airline forms per order. Additional forms are available (certain fees will apply).