PSD Pro 2022 Psychiatric Service Dog
Your order will include screening, phone or video therapist consultation to verify your disability-related need for a Psychiatric Service Dog, treatment planning, documentation, and fast, free download – everything involved in getting a PSD letter delivered to you.
Documents are issued on the clinician’s letterhead (who is based and practicing in your state or province) and include licensing details and information for further correspondence.
Recent changes to air travel now allows for Psychiatric Service Dogs (PSD), which are canines specifically trained to support individuals diagnosed with a mental illness. PSDs perform certain “tasks on queue” for individuals that may have non-visible disabilities (anxiety, panic attacks, post-traumatic stress, depression). Just like other service dogs, PSDs have public access rights and certain housing and travel rights. Additionally, PSDs are trained to behave well in a public setting.
We do not offer assistance animal training or training certifications. Please consult with the appropriate agencies.
Upgrades for this order include same day appointments and letters, two easy payments, and ID cards. Before placing an order, please verify that we have active clinical coverage in your state/province.
We’ll Keep You From Running Into Problems.
Our extensive network of licensed, accredited, and truly exceptional clinicians use animal-assisted therapy to help you deal with a range of issues including depression, anxiety, trauma, grief, and more. Our 2021 State Of The Assistance Animal Business article highlights what’s good, and what’s not so good, in the industry.
The services below (except ESAGuard) can be purchased now or within 30 days of placing an order.
- Comprehensive intake exam.
- You'll receive a PDF version that can be safely downloaded. Original hardcopy can be mailed (additional fees would apply).
- Industry experts familiar with the laws and rules regulating psychiatric service dogs.
Psychiatric Service Dogs
Psychiatric service dogs are different from an Emotional Support Animal (ESA) and under new U.S. Department of Transportation’s (DOT) rules, the Air Carrier Access Act (ACAA), PSDs may also fly on planes free of charge.
The ACAA defines a service animal as a dog, regardless of breed or type, individually trained to do work or perform tasks for the benefit of a qualified individual with a disability. Airlines are required to recognize dogs as service animals and accept them for transport on flights to, within and from the United States. Transport can be denied if the service dog:
- Violates safety requirements - e.g., too large or heavy to be accommodated in the cabin;
- Poses a direct threat to the health or safety of others;
- Causes a significant disruption in the cabin or at airport gate areas; or
- Violates health requirements - e.g., prohibited from entering a U.S. territory or foreign country.
US airlines also require the following completed DOT service animal forms:
- U.S. DOT form attesting to the animal’s health, behavior, and training; and
- U.S. DOT form attesting that the animal can either not relieve itself or can relieve itself in a sanitary manner, if the animal will be on a flight that is 8 or more hours.
The form asks for basic information such as your name, your assistance animal’s name, and a description of the animal. The form also asks you to attest to the animal’s health as well as their training and behavior.
Psychiatric Service Dog Travel Letters
There is no guarantee of receiving a psychiatric service dog travel letter.
- Issued and signed by a licensed mental health care professional who lives and practices in your state or region.
- Good for one year.
- Delivered via secured download (PDF), hard copy option available (additional fee would apply).
- Written on the provider's business letterhead.
Documents issued by our providers will indicate:
- Your condition (though not specifically disclosed) is recognized by the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM).
- You require the animal for either the flight itself or at your final destination.
- You are under the current professional care of a licensed mental health professional.
Canadian and EU Travelers
Canadian travelers please note that *self-training of your service dog is not accepted by Canadian and EU airlines*. If your animal does not have proper professional training and certification, your request will be denied by the airlines. If this will present an issue, we'll gladly refund your order.
The US Americans With Disability Act (ADA) does not apply to non-US travelers.
California and DC Residents
To comply with your state law, the purchase of one additional session is required.
Additionally, California residents must want until the completion of the second session (30 days) until the issuance of the documentation.
Illinois, Kentucky, and Indiana Residents
To comply with your state law, the purchase of two additional sessions is required.
Note: sample shown above may not represent our final work product. Documents are subject to change without notice.
For adults only.
Emotional support animals are not service animals.