COVID-19 Talk Therapy™SKU: ES-TALK-THERAPY
Our clinical team members offers cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT). In CBT, patients work with a therapist to identify negative patterns of thought about themselves or their environment. Together, they also develop rational behavioral responses to those beliefs.
Cognitive behavioral therapy has several benefits, including:
- Improved mood
- Enhanced self-awareness and mindfulness
- Improved self-regulation
- Development of relaxation techniques
- Improved problem-solving skills
- Better health behaviors
Who can benefit from Cognitive Behavioral Therapy?
Several psychological and behavioral health conditions can be treated effectively with CBT, including but not limited to:
- Eating Disorders
- Marital problems
- Chronic Pain
What to expect during a CBT session.
Cognitive behavioral therapy is brief, structured version of talk therapy. It typically involves weekly sessions that last between 45 minutes to an hour.
During the first session, the therapist conducts a thorough assessment of the symptoms and works with the patient to develop specific, attainable goals for the therapy. As it progresses, the sessions will feature the following characteristics:
- Education about the relationship between thoughts, feelings and behaviors
- Assessment of functional and dysfunctional behaviors
- Empathic connection
- Safe, non-judgmental environment
- Collaborative relationship
- Exploration of present-day negative perceptions
- Didactic training in new skills
- Role-playing to practice learned skills
- Homework that helps apply new skills to everyday life
- Training in relaxation
From a next day appointment to having our provider chat with your landlord – with our additional services you can custom tailored to fit your needs.