The federal and provincial governments have legislation pertaining to access to any personal information, including medical and mental health records. In most cases, the government must refuse anyone access to records held in its departments and agencies without the consent of the individual or unless required by law. Individuals can allow access to their health records by giving their consent in writing.
- Download the Authorization To Release Health Care Information.
- Print, sign, have a witness sign the document, and scan the form — saving a copy to your local computer.
- We’ve included a completed sample waiver below.
Uploading your release
- Upload that scanned form to us (via our HIPAA cloud service).
- Once logged into IntakeQ, visit the secured messaging area.
- There, located below the yellow message input area are “three dots” … that’s the menu icon.
- Click that, a menu appears, select “upload file”, follow the directions.