Table of Contents
You and I both know the emotional support offered by an animal companion is no great secret. These days more and more doctors are also acknowledging the therapeutic benefit that pets can play in treating psychological and emotional problems with their clients.
Are you thinking of traveling to the United States with your emotional support animal? In order to qualify for a Quebec, Quebec emotional support animal travel letter of recommendation, you must be certified as emotionally disabled by a licensed and certified mental health professional such as a psychiatrist or therapist.
That’s where we can help you!
Emotional Support Dog or Cat for Travel to/From Quebec, Quebec
You can request an emotional support animal letter in-person with your therapist or online using an ESA service.
It’s important to remember not all medical professionals are legally qualified to write an ESA letter. Only certified mental health professionals are able to write an emotional support animal letter. If you request one using an online service, make sure that it follows all ESA regulations.
Traveling with your emotional support animal without any additional fee or costs is allowed by airlines (for travel to/from the US) if you have an emotional support animal letter.
Traveling From Quebec, Quebec To The US With an Emotional Support Animal
Our Quebec, Quebec emotional support animal travel letter of recommendation is valid only for US-inbound or US-outbound flights. All Quebec, Quebec emotional support animal travel letters are issued by an authorized licensed mental health professional.
ESA Travel Assessment
Via a telephone or video call, a member of the ESAD Intl.’s Therapeutic Team will perform a mental health assessment.
- Conveniently scheduled, the assessment is typically completed within an hour.
- At the assessment’s completion, you’ll be informed of the therapist’s decision to recommend an emotional support animal for your treatment.
- Letters are good for six months.
- Only one ESA dog or cat allowed.
ESA Letters for Quebec, Quebec Residents
- Live therapeutic assessment via telephone or video call
- Letter is issued by a licensed mental health care therapist on their letterhead
- Two (2) signed airline travel forms
- 30-minute psychotherapy session
- Contains every written element and requirement demanded under law
- Therapist is located in your city, state, or province
- Our letter has never been rejected by any airline
- Regularly updated
- Fully complies will all recent changes to US federal law and guidelines
Emotional support animals don’t need special training like service animals, but they are still more than just pets. Your emotional support animal is there to bring you the comfort and confidence to help you live a full, rewarding life.
Our goal is a better life for everyone affected by mental illness. We help achieve that goal by overseeing an extensive premier multidisciplinary network of licensed mental health professionals that spans two countries and all 50 states.
If you’re looking to travel to/from the US, and your pet is necesssary for your travel, the ESAD Intl.’s Therapeutic Team can help!
Chaz Stevens is an entrepreneur, former journalist, and well-known activist who has appeared on the front pages of Time, Miami Herald, Guardian, Slate, and the Huffington Post. He’s also appeared on The Daily Show, the Colbert Report, and Fox News.
Chaz lives in South Florida with his two rescue dogs. Before launching ESAD International, he could be found working on IT for IBM, Microsoft, and The Walt Disney World Company. But his favorite job is the one he’s now doing full time — helping people get to a better place.