Please refrain from reaching out via live chat and phone calls.
Adult Emotional Support Animal Assessments/Counseling
Referrals, Contract, PRN
ESAD, an Internet-based referral and marketing service company, is actively seeking Master’s Level+ Level Licensed Mental Health Professionals to provide Anchorage, Alaska-based emotional support animal-related services (assessments and therapeutic counseling) for adults.
Candidate must be fluent in English.
This position is PRN. Our services are currently under development, the market space is highly competitive, ESA laws are rapidly changing (tightening) across the land, so please expect a minimal amount of referrals to start.
We have a very advanced, super-smooth process, with well-defined protocols, detailed training, and expert assistance.
Our telemedicine-based client referrals will be strictly located within your region. We will not refer clients to out-of-state therapists.
NOTE: Unfortunately, if you are an intern or require supervision to provide counseling services, you cannot be a provider with us. Also, we are unable to accept substance abuse counselors, occupational therapists, school counselors, registered nurses, career counselors, Christian counselors and business coaches (unless they have an additional license as a therapist).
- Determine the nature of clients’ functional impairments by reviewing client provided mental health assessment and thru video and telephonic assessments.
- Offer therapeutic care (sessions) when purchased.
- Provide Emotional Animal Support Letters of Recommendation.
- Maintain accurate client documentation.
- Documents all client contact and activity in an accurate, professional and timely manner.
We use a CDT-like billing process. You’re compensated by the hour.
- Master’s level therapists are compensated $65/hr
- Doctorate level clinicians earn $75/hr
Coming in 2019, we’ll be offering online classes certifying attendees for ESA and Fair Housing training.
Psychotherapist education and experience requirements
An individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Masters Degree in Mental Health counseling or social work from an accredited school.
- Minimum of two years unsupervised experience in social work or counseling position.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must be 18 years or older
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Commitment to ESAD’s philosophy and mission.
- Ability to interact with the public and other employees positively and promote a cooperative working environment.
- Computer literacy required with proficiency in word processing and computer applications.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Must be able to hear and speak for telephone and general communication.
- Ability to handle sensitive information, maintains confidentiality, and coordinates several projects at the same time.
- Consistently able to work calmly and maintain effectiveness in situations of high stress.
- Embodies principles of ESAD’s Code of Conduct at all times.
- Complies with Code of Conduct in all relationships with clients and staff members.
- Adheres to the Code of Conduct in all daily activities and decisions ensuring that ethical standards and applicable laws and regulation are met.
- Maintains the policy of confidentiality.
- Current license and insurance
- Compassionate and caring demeanor
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
We’re a global-minded, innovative startup looking to drive positive change and solve social problems with the use of technology.
- We are committed to creating a world that works for everyone.
- We are on a mission to improve the online mental health care business using cutting edge technology.
- Operating with the strictest ethical and professional standards, ESAD’s motivated to help individuals in need of mental health care therapy.
- We set a very high standard for ourselves and demand the same from our contracted team members.
- Consistently, we give back to our community.
Ethics matter to us – a lot.
Professional Community Support
- Member, American Mental Health Counselors Association (54568015)
- Member, American Counseling Association (6513039)
- Member, National Association of Social Workers (886784059)