An ESADoggy Veterinary Social Worker’s (VSW) primary responsibilities are to provide many facets of emotional support and short term interventions.
- Provide support and counseling to clients
- Provide pet loss counseling to clients, by video call, ongoing follow ups as per need
- Facilitate end of life decision making with clients
- Provide education and therapy on issues such as compassion fatigue, stress management, work/life balance, communication, grief and pet loss
Veterinary Social Work (VSW) recognizes the vital therapeutic role of the human and animal bond, and focuses on four areas:
- Compassion fatigue and conflict management
- Animal Assisted Interventions (AAI)
- The link between human and animal violence
- Animal-related grief and bereavement
In addition, ESADoggy’s will educate and advocate best practices in mental health awareness.